Latest post Tue, Feb 16 2010 11:29 AM by butterfly. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Feb 15 2010 1:40 PM

• butterfly
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Hungary
    • Posts 221
    • Points 3,155

exports to device but no record

Hello,

I am trying to export a HDV sequence to device. I was reading some threads of how to do this and it looks fine because the M2T stream image appears on the display of the camcorder. BUT it doesn't record. Tape still empty. I must be doing something wrong. But what?Any suggestion?

Thanks,

Rob

Media Composer First software only, Windows 10 Home, P5Q Mbo, 16 Gb RAM, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 3.70GHz, nVidia Geforce 200 [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Feb 15 2010 5:53 PM In reply to

Re: exports to device but no record

You could try playing the M2T file and manually press record and play on your camcorder. (crash record). I have had most success this way. 

I did see a post from Bob Russo (I think) with a method of getting Avid to start an HDV device recording properly after it fails on an export to device but did not note the details.

• Mon, Feb 15 2010 6:21 PM In reply to

• butterfly
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Hungary
    • Posts 221
    • Points 3,155

What I am able to digest from the Bob Russo thread is that is not a common or even possible workflow in AMC to export HDV to a HDV device??? Is that right? Sorry, but most of the language between those guys is beyond my understanding.

Media Composer First software only, Windows 10 Home, P5Q Mbo, 16 Gb RAM, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 3.70GHz, nVidia Geforce 200 [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Feb 15 2010 6:32 PM In reply to

It is perfectly possible.  I have not done it in the last year but from memory I had Avid make an M2T file.

Then used export to device using existing M2T file. If the device did not go into record mode I would start the export again and manually start the deck or camcorder recording.  

FWIW with an hour long program I had to make sure my audio was "locked" in the audio settings or I had sync problems with the on tape playback

• Tue, Feb 16 2010 11:29 AM In reply to

• butterfly
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Hungary
    • Posts 221
    • Points 3,155

I did succeed exporting to tape. Thanks fo ryour advise.

Is it possible that the M2T, exported to tape has different colors as the original? Or is it my imagination?

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller