Latest post Fri, Mar 12 2010 3:26 PM by kmcampbe. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Mar 11 2010 11:32 PM

• DRW
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Nov 9 2005
    • TORONTO
    • Posts 571
    • Points 6,950

Render problems

Hi All

Working in v4.04, HD 59.94 1080i.  Have a one hour show, very graphics heavy, and when I try to render either with 'in to out' or 'expert render in to out' it appears to render the first few effects, then saves and stops.  No error messages.  When I do a 'render at position' some of the effects work, although it at first looks like it will be brutally slow, then after reaching the 5% mark it completes, some of them return this error:

Exception: VideoEffectConsumer -- Unexpected status returned from RenderEffect

The effects I am rendering are 1 matte key effect and 1 title tool effect stacked on top of each other. 

anyone seen this before?  Of course I am under a very tight deadline and have to have this show out for captioning by tomorrow.  Ain't that always the way?

TIA

=DRW

iMac, 27", 3.4GHz i5, 24 GB RAM, Radeon Pro 570 [view my complete system specs]

1-800-IMRENDERING

• Thu, Mar 11 2010 11:40 PM In reply to

• Mark Renz
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Feb 21 2006
    • Kansas City, MO
    • Posts 1,040
    • Points 12,945

Re: Render problems

Never seen that error before but have had render issues where it says it renders but some effects remain unrendered.

Can you try a mixdown? That has worked for me in the past when I have had render issues.

Media Composer Nitris DX 2018.8 with Symphony option Win10 64Gb Ram * Media Composer 8.8 with Symphony option Nitris DX Dual 2.66GHz "Westmere"... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Mar 12 2010 12:04 AM In reply to

• gumbycat99
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Jun 6 2008
    • Auckland, New Zealand
    • Posts 587
    • Points 7,000

Mixdowns are a good idea, but I suggest doing short sections - 5 min - rather than the whole show. Then if there is a problem with some particular clip you can identify it without wasting an entire render time.

8.5 on a mongrel PC, Win 7, QT7.5, Nvidia GTX 970, 16Gb RAM, SSD, NAS for raw media and a Macbook Pro [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Mar 12 2010 12:04 AM In reply to

Could you be heavy on your occupied space on the target drive, like 85% or higher?

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Fri, Mar 12 2010 1:21 AM In reply to

You might also try running the patch that's pinned at the top of MC PC.

That cleared up my render problems.

Antec P183 Antec CP-850 850W Intel Core i7 Processor i7-920 2.66GHz 8MB Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus Asus P6T Deluxe v2 OCZ Platinum DDR3-1600 12GB... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Mar 12 2010 2:52 PM In reply to

• DRW
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Nov 9 2005
    • TORONTO
    • Posts 571
    • Points 6,950

Thanks Folks,

I suppose as a last resort I  could do a mixdown, but I need to do multiple versions, so that will be difficult. 

@Larry:  Yes, my target volume was over 85%, but, I've never encountered this particular problem with a full drive before, and thinking that could be a problem, I switched my target volume to an empty drive with the same results.

@Larue:  I will give that a try, but likely after I have got this puppy to tape.  Are you referring to the 4.05 update?

Here's what I have tried:  replacing effects with new ones, removing CC on V1, removing video on V1, deleting MCState, trying New Project, New Sequences and New User.  

So far I have managed to get most things rendered manually, but there are some left that will not render, although they play back, and when I attempt to Digital Cut it insists on rendering the unrenderable, which it fails at.  So I am going to output with 'Safe Mode' off, and hopefully the FX that play in the timeline will end up on tape.

Thanks,

=DRW

iMac, 27", 3.4GHz i5, 24 GB RAM, Radeon Pro 570 [view my complete system specs]

1-800-IMRENDERING

• Fri, Mar 12 2010 3:26 PM In reply to

• kmcampbe
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Feb 2 2010
    • Lexington, Ky
    • Posts 15
    • Points 185

You could try doing a export to Quicktime reference, that would force a render of the timeline... don't know if it will cure the error message but it might help.

Symphony Nitris DX v.4.0.4, Interplay 2.0.1, Access 2.0.1 [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller