Latest post Mon, Jul 19 2010 9:01 PM by avidscreencast. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Jun 25 2010 5:37 PM

Opening Audio Settings crashes MC5

[Crossposted to the Avid-L2 -- sorry if you have to read this twice.]

Hi everyone,

so last night I bit the bullet, redid my system with Snow Leopard (10.6.3, fresh install) and installed MC5. Have not played around with it too much, but when I try to open Audio Settings, the application crashes with this error message:

AudioSettingsWindow::UpdateAudioSetupStuff()

toolsPreloadValue [4096] out of valid range.

[ Min: 512 , Max: 3072 ]

Then I get a couple of other error messages (which can be viewed in all their glory at http://drop.io/mc5crash ) and the application terminates.

Soooo.... anybody know if there's anything I can do? I guess I'd need to update the AudioSetupStuff (great name BTW, that's programmers for you) with a smaller value, but how on earth could I do that?

Then again, who needs to change Audio settings anyway, eh?

I'm on an almost-qualified Mac Pro (old 2xDual2.66, but with 8800 Graphics instead of the qualified 7300GT -- FCP made me upgrade, I couldn't help it!), new system, new user, new project, everything is new and shiny (except for the Mac. And me.)

Bye,
    Christian
  • Sat, Jun 26 2010 4:44 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,458
    • Points 221,360
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Re: Opening Audio Settings crashes MC5

Christian,

Havent seen this one so I am checking in with the team at corporate.  They wont be back til Monday so I;ll see what I can find out.

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Sat, Jun 26 2010 7:24 PM In reply to

Thanks Marianna, looking forward to hearing back on how to fix that AudioSetupStuff ;) (Sorry, I just can't get over that name.)

Bye, have a great weekend,

Christian

• Mon, Jun 28 2010 4:46 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,458
    • Points 221,360
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Christian,

Create a new user setting and then make doubly sure that you have repaired permissions.

Report back...

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Mon, Jun 28 2010 6:56 PM In reply to

Marianna,

I repaired the permissions, created a new user: same problem. Repaired the permissions again (this is how sure I made ;) - gain, same issue.

Bye,

Christian

• Mon, Jul 19 2010 3:11 PM In reply to

Same issue here. Have reinstalled everything, created new users, repaired permissions, to no avail.

What I have found is that as soon as I unplug my Mbox 2 Pro, the crashing ceases. I have tried it with an MBox 2 and it works fine. This leads me to believe that it is fighting the MBox 2 Pro when connected via firewire. I have also tried different different firewire ports and the program still crashes. Avid Customer Service has been working on this with me for 2 months now and has come up with no solution.

Any info as to why this is happening would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Todd

• Mon, Jul 19 2010 6:49 PM In reply to

Hey Todd,

your post led me to unplug my USB Audio Interface (an E-MU 0404 that I don't even really use with MC and never thought about) and lo and behold, entering Audio settings doesn't crash the application anymore.

So obviously the audio interface interferes with whatever MC is trying to do there -- and as it's unsupported anyway, I guess it's my own fault.

Thanks for enlightening me,

Christian

• Mon, Jul 19 2010 6:54 PM In reply to

Hey Christian-

That seems weird that the USB device was casuing it to crash. When I tried an MBox2 (not the pro) which is USB, I had no crashing when opening the Audio tab in MC.

Did Avid ever respond back to you as to why this happens?

Thanks for the follow up

Todd

• Mon, Jul 19 2010 9:01 PM In reply to

Hi Todd,

I never heard back after the initial follow-up, but I never mentioned the audio interface (weirdly, it simply never crossed my mind).

Bye,

Christian

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller