Latest post Mon, Dec 6 2010 10:27 PM by Zac Hogle. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Dec 6 2010 9:37 PM

• twistlick
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Posts 24
    • Points 390

24fps OMF into 23.98 Avid Project (export problems)

I'm working in a 720p 23.976 Avid project and received an OMF of dialogue that was created in what appears to be a Final Cut Pro 24fps project (not 23.98).  When I imported the audio the Avid popped up a warning that it would have to convert the audio to the project settings (sorry it was a while back so I can't remember the exact wording of the popup). I let the Avid do it's thing and all the audio worked fine. That is, until trying to export another OMF or AAF of the newly edited audio (audio only - not with picture).  It would go through the entire routine, make lots of clips in the bin, process the clips and at the last moment hang up and run me through 3 different failure popups. I tried this a few times with different export settings with the same results - both OMF & AAF.   I then looked at the audio framerate in the bin and this audio still shows as 24fps.   I ended up having to export each audio track as an AIFF for this particular case.

I have more projects coming up with the same 24fps OMFs and 23.98fps Avid projects & need to figure out a way to make sure the process works.  Is there some conversion software I could run the 24fps OMF through to get it to because a native 23.98 OMF and avoid all the weirdness?  Is it something simple I'm missing?  This is on an MC 3.5 - would a newer version of the software not have the problem?

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

• Mon, Dec 6 2010 10:27 PM In reply to

• Zac Hogle
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Mar 30 2010
    • Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
    • Posts 788
    • Points 9,745

Re: 24fps OMF into 23.98 Avid Project (export problems)

You could try using the Modify funtction to change the format, or try transcoding the files to a different codec (shouldn't matter what video codec, it'll just change the audio to the correct framerate).

Normally when dealing with footage, can't speak for audio, in a different framerate you'll want to create a new project at the correct framerate and then bring the footage into their. Then you can open that bin in your actual project and edit with it. This might also help your export issue.

Z

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller