Latest post Wed, Feb 15 2012 2:48 PM by George Angeludis. 56 replies.
Page 3 of 4 (57 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Feb 5 2011 1:28 AM In reply to

Re: Avid please bring Liquid back!!!!

conleec:
    ...I have customized my keyboard to the point that many things no longer match. I find it more of a distraction than a help having a printed and colored keyboard so I stick with the generic white one.

No problem with that, Chris. Different strokes for different folks.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Sat, Feb 5 2011 3:22 AM In reply to

Larry Rubin:
    Different strokes for different folks.
    As you can map the keys in both apps and what you are trying to achieve at any point in either program is the same why not just map the same functions to the same keys in both apps?

Then if you like the default KB layout of either best you can get a colour coded KB for that NLE and map the other NLE's KB to match it.

Often moving between programs here several times a day I run 3 KBs on a Mac, choosing which to plug in at the start of a session. (Plain, Protools coloured and Avid MC coloured) I have mapped FCS's keys to match most of Avids Keystokes (for the basic keys without modifiers)

• Sat, Feb 5 2011 8:43 AM In reply to

• Tim
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Dec 18 2009
    • Australia
    • Posts 562
    • Points 7,495

I was a beta tester for Liquid 7 & have used Liquid in broadcast television for 6 years under

extreme deadline pressure...Liquid for 40% of the time was unstable & buggy, 50% of 3rd party

plugins I used were unstable as well...The system (HP workstation)-hardware & plugins & everything esle were 100% to liquid spec.

& still liquid was not reliable....there are hundreds of fxs in liquid that you would never use because most of them are cheezy lame fxs, I have been using MC for two and a half years now & have never looked back, I remember the first long/complex intensive project I completed in MC was a pure pleasure to complete & did not crash once. as mentioned here before take the time & learn how to use MC you'll be glad you did!

• Sat, Feb 5 2011 10:08 AM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,228
    • Points 218,335
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Tim:
    as mentioned here before take the time & learn how to use MC you'll be glad you did!

Yes Yes Yes

Well said, Tim!

Regards,
    Douglas

PS. Everybody want to go to heaven....... but nobody is willing to die!

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Sat, Feb 5 2011 7:56 PM In reply to

• adamsonn
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • South Africa
    • Posts 679
    • Points 10,100

Before I bought the Matrox Mini for client monitoring, I would really have liked Avid to allow MC5 to use the break out box from Liquid.

As boxes go - Its a good box - add an HDMI port and it would be a great box.

Even now I still use Liquid for all my analog capturing requirements  - true they are few and far between for paying customers - but you do need to ingest analog video somehow.

And for the life of me I cannot do a digital cut from Avid MC (something apparently to do with the firewire vendor - in 2011 that is not a good enough answer, but I am bored with those discussions), so when I need to, I export video out of Avid MC and cut it to Mini DV tape from Liquid. (Also not a common occurrence any more - most of my work is delivered as file format or on DVD - but you need to have a way ofdoing this for when it is required).

But for pure editing -MC5 does beat Liquid and I am really enjoying the power of Avid FX!

MC6 machine: Intel Core i7 Asus P8-H67 64 bit Motherboard 1*1Tb SATA drive - partitioned to C (OS and programs) and D (data) drive 1*1TB SATA drive... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Feb 6 2011 1:27 AM In reply to

• Saylur
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Laguna Woods CA
    • Posts 485
    • Points 6,115

drbgaijin:

PS. Everybody want to go to heaven....... but nobody is willing to die!

Douglas

Some religions  think that there are 8 vestal virgins waiting for them when they die for a cause. Wink

MC-6.0.5,MB Asus Z87 Expert 1150 ATX,Intel Core i7 4770 3.4 Ghz CPU,32GB Kingston DDR3 Mem.,Samsung 840 250GB SSD,Win 7 Pro SP 1, QT 7.7.3,PNY Quadro K2000... [view my complete system specs]

Regards

Mike

• Sun, Feb 6 2011 1:34 AM In reply to

Saylur:
    Some religions  think that there are 8 vestal virgins waiting for them when they die for a cause.

No, you see, that's where they goofed...it's not virgins...it's Virgils (think Larry the Cable Guy)!

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Thu, Feb 10 2011 12:42 AM In reply to

Tim:

I was a beta tester for Liquid 7 & have used Liquid in broadcast television for 6 years under

extreme deadline pressure...Liquid for 40% of the time was unstable & buggy, 50% of 3rd party

plugins I used were unstable as well...The system (HP workstation)-hardware & plugins & everything esle were 100% to liquid spec.

& still liquid was not reliable....there are hundreds of fxs in liquid that you would never use because most of them are cheezy lame fxs, I have been using MC for two and a half years now & have never looked back, I remember the first long/complex intensive project I completed in MC was a pure pleasure to complete & did not crash once. as mentioned here before take the time & learn how to use MC you'll be glad you did!

Liquid 7,1 Sp2 was the finest NLE ever written.

I was editing 2 shows every week with more than 12 hours a day.

Never crashed on me. Liquid was amazing.

Please do not say things like that to us that we were using it.

I have switched to MC for more than 2 years now.

I still miss some things of Liquid.

Desktop PC

Corsair RM750X|Asus P8Z68 Deluxe(Gen3)|i7 2600K@4.4|Corsair 32G DDR3|PNY Quadro P2000(390.77)|Samsung 850 Pro SSD(OS) 256 GB|2x2TB WD RE4@RAID 0|2x500GB Mushkin SSD@RAID 0|LG BH16NS40|W10 Pro 64bit|Media Composer Software 2018.12 with Symphony Option on Dongle|2xHP 22'' Monitors|M-Audio AV30 Speakers.

Larry as long as I live I will remember you.

3 Heads Digital Films

• Thu, Feb 10 2011 12:45 AM In reply to

drbgaijin:

As far as I see Studio is the way to go, if you are still wanting a Liquid style NLE.

Liquid had nothing to do with Studio.

Liquid wa(i)s on par with MC.

Desktop PC

Corsair RM750X|Asus P8Z68 Deluxe(Gen3)|i7 2600K@4.4|Corsair 32G DDR3|PNY Quadro P2000(390.77)|Samsung 850 Pro SSD(OS) 256 GB|2x2TB WD RE4@RAID 0|2x500GB Mushkin SSD@RAID 0|LG BH16NS40|W10 Pro 64bit|Media Composer Software 2018.12 with Symphony Option on Dongle|2xHP 22'' Monitors|M-Audio AV30 Speakers.

3 Heads Digital Films

• Thu, Feb 10 2011 1:08 AM In reply to

I just want to remind everyone that all users here have the right to express ANY opinion about ANY application they want to, positive or negative, as long as it is done within the bounds of the terms of use. No single user has the right to tell another user to "Please do not say things like that to us". The appropriate thing to say is, "I don't agree with that statement" or something similar. The "please do not say things..." type of statement is uncalled for and unfair to the entire user base. Everyone's experience is different. Language differences aside, your choice of wording is critically important and you are expected to choose your words and phrasing carefully. Thank you for your cooperation.

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Thu, Feb 10 2011 1:18 AM In reply to

I don't agree with that statement.

Please do not saying things like that to us we are using it,

means that I don't believe he was using Liquid.

It's not a bad thing to say nor is disrespectful to anyone.

Saying that Liquid 7 was unstable is disrespectful to thousands of users

that were using it.

Desktop PC

3 Heads Digital Films

• Thu, Feb 10 2011 1:20 AM In reply to

• Tim
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Australia
    • Posts 562
    • Points 7,495

I gather you dont use to many fxs just straight up video editing...as soon as you start to 'push Liquid' with larger amonts of fxs on multiple tracks etc. etc. it starts to 'play up'

• Thu, Feb 10 2011 1:22 AM In reply to

• Tim
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Australia
    • Posts 562
    • Points 7,495

thanks Larry, well said!

• Thu, Feb 10 2011 1:22 AM In reply to

I don't agree with that statement.

There were little if any people like me that were pushed Liquid to it's limits.

Desktop PC

3 Heads Digital Films

• Thu, Feb 10 2011 1:47 AM In reply to

I am apologizing for taking things very seriously some time.

Once I get closer to wisdom it slips again.

Desktop PC

3 Heads Digital Films

Page 3 of 4 (57 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller