Latest post Mon, Jul 18 2011 6:21 AM by Ervz Tia (Tikboy). 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Jul 15 2011 7:31 AM

URGENT! AvidFX, 3D Title Render Time

Hello, I need an advice ASAP!

I'm rendering a 7 second 3DTitle with simple animation (AvidFX). It's been rendering for 2 hours now. The progress/estimated time keeps growing, started at 35 min remaining but now it's 1:22 min! ...feels like forever!

Please tell me if this is normal, should I wait a bit more, or think of an alternative?

I only have one hour till the preview time with the client.

The title is made via AvidFX -- Boris extruded text, animated, motion blur

I have a decent MacPro with 6Gig-RAM | MC 5.0.3 | OSX 10.6.8

Avid MC 8.3 | OSX 10.8.5 | MacPro 8-Core, 24 GB | HDV/H264/AVCHD/DV/, Sony HVR-Z1/Z7, Canon EOS [view my complete system specs]

Ervz Tia | Video Productions
    WM Communications, Asia-Pacific | Philippines

--

• Fri, Jul 15 2011 7:54 AM In reply to

• mjolnarn
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Feb 8 2006
    • Sweden
    • Posts 13,346
    • Points 159,335

Re: URGENT! AvidFX, 3D Title Render Time

I cannot see that it is only that 7 secs clip that is rendering, there seem to be 36 effects that are rendering.

Also be aware of that you are using an uncertified OS for the version of MC that you are using.

As a sidenote there is an update for Avid FX on the DL center, is that one installed

Mac: 17" Macbook Pro i7 2,66 ghz with 8Gb Ram, 500gb 7200rpm drive___ PC_NEW Win10 Pro Mbo Asus Rampage IV Black CPU Ivy Bridge-E 4960X ( = 12 x 4... [view my complete system specs]

Tomas 

• Fri, Jul 15 2011 8:12 AM In reply to

Thanks. Sorry, I was rendering the whole thing. I am assuming that it's the "effect 17", where the render slowed down and took time.

I'm trying another way, now with the BCC 3D Object. This time I turned off motion blurring. Render looks progressing. I will let you know in a minute or two.

Avid MC 8.3 | OSX 10.8.5 | MacPro 8-Core, 24 GB | HDV/H264/AVCHD/DV/, Sony HVR-Z1/Z7, Canon EOS [view my complete system specs]

--

• Fri, Jul 15 2011 9:40 AM In reply to

• mjolnarn
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Feb 8 2006
    • Sweden
    • Posts 13,346
    • Points 159,335

tikboy:

I am assuming that it's the "effect 17", where the render slowed down and took time.

I also assume that but you can never be sure, beside, you have 2 blue dotted effects above eachother on the same place and on different tracks and not only one effect that is to be rendered, that is most likely what is taking time.

Just out of curiousity, what is that other effect.

Mac: 17" Macbook Pro i7 2,66 ghz with 8Gb Ram, 500gb 7200rpm drive___ PC_NEW Win10 Pro Mbo Asus Rampage IV Black CPU Ivy Bridge-E 4960X ( = 12 x 4... [view my complete system specs]

Tomas 

• Fri, Jul 15 2011 3:42 PM In reply to

mjolnarn:
    what is that other effect.
    -- that was a lens flare on top of the 3d text.

I think I figured it out. The BCC-text-extrude finally rendered after turning off motion blur. For some reason, that's what's choking the render.

screenshot

--

• Mon, Jul 18 2011 6:21 AM In reply to

Hey, I spoke too soon..it happened again!

I already rendered it, just went back to do a small tweak, then the dreaded black screen showed up again. >> here's my post

any ideas?

--

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller