Latest post Mon, May 10 2021 5:32 PM by camoscato. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Aug 15 2013 7:08 PM

• martchap
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Aug 15 2013
    • Posts 2
    • Points 20

deactivating Avid Media Composer

hi all,

I had a few issues with my Mac, and basically my hard drive got wiped meaning I couldn't deactivate Avid on my system. Been trying to figure out who I should contact about this but haven't had any luck. Anyone know who I should call/email and whether there's anything that can actually be done?

Thanks

Martin

• Sat, Aug 17 2013 1:18 AM In reply to

• hbrock
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Santa Monica, CA
    • Posts 5,544
    • Points 64,605
    • Moderator: Avid Xpress Pro Mac
      Moderator: MCA Mac
      Moderator: Media Composer Getting Started

Re: deactivating Avid Media Composer

From doing a search for "deactivate" from the avid.com site:

Who do I call if I’m having difficulty with the software but I don’t have an Avid Support Contract? Do I need to buy a per-incident?

For software licensing help – including missing serial numbers or system IDs, unsuccessful activations, deactivation issues (forgetting to deactivate, unsuccessful deactivations, etc.), questions regarding the upgrade or activation process, or any other question regarding software licensing – you do not need to purchase Avid Support. Avid Support is available to you via the same phone numbers used to activate your software over the phone.

If you are calling from within the Americas - Dial...

1-800-800-AVID (2843)

If you are calling outside of the Americas - Dial...

United Kingdom: +44 1753 658 645
    France: +33 141 494 010
    Germany: +49 895 0206 250
    Spain: +34 917 628 610
    Italy: +39 02385 91 448

For any other issues regarding your upgrade, including software installation, failing hardware, malfunctioning features, or any other troubleshooting needs, you must purchase some form of Avid Support, either in the form of a one-time Service Access Code, or a year Avid Support Contract.

To purchase a one-time Service Access Code, please visit our online store: store.avid.com
    To purchase a Support Contract, please contact your local sales office: www.avid.com/company/offices

MacPro, MacBook Pro and a Cube (masquerading as a kleenex dispenser). [view my complete system specs]

Must think of something clever to go here...

• Sat, Aug 17 2013 6:49 AM In reply to

And when you call one of those numbers, it's option 2 from the phone menu for help with activation.

Media Composer 2021.6 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Blackmagic UltraStudio Mini... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Sat, Aug 17 2013 4:38 PM In reply to

• martchap
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Aug 15 2013
    • Posts 2
    • Points 20

Thank you very much

• Mon, May 10 2021 5:21 PM In reply to

I installed new hardware without deactivating first.  When I call the 800-800-AVID phone number I can't get a support person on the phone.  Option 2 will not connect me without a valid ASC.

How can I get assistance deactivating my perpetual Media Composer license?

• Mon, May 10 2021 5:32 PM In reply to

Hi Steved, 

You should create a case on the MyAvid support portal and someone will get to you asap. https://www.avid.com/US/support/support-contact  If you don't get anywhere with them, send an email to Raff Condalor (raff.condalor@avid.com).  He is Avid's customer advocate, and can help you.
    Media Composer 2021.6 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Blackmagic UltraStudio Mini... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller