Latest post Tue, May 18 2021 7:22 AM by camoscato. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Mar 31 2021 3:35 PM

I can't launch Avid MC 2019.12.4

Hello,

I've just bought a month to month subcription of Avid MC. I originally had Avid MCv8 installed on my PC Laptop (windows 10) and have uninstalled it and now downloaded Avid MC 2019.12.4 (I don't want to use version 2021 just yet)

When I try to launch Avid MC 2019.12.4 it takes me to the Avid Media Composer Activation launcher (attached thumb of this) and I choose to 'Activate with Avid Link' > press continue and then when Avid link opens it says my license is activated. 

So if my license is Activated then I'm stuck on why the software isn't launching.

Can anyone help me?  

Thanks

• Wed, Mar 31 2021 3:51 PM In reply to

• RalphC
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 2 2015
    • Posts 2,620
    • Points 28,995
    • Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Customer Service
      Avid Employee
      SystemAdministrator

Re: I can't launch Avid MC 2019.12.4

Hi Michael,

I checked your MC systems ID (monthly subscription) it's not activated. Can you try and click on the Avid Link Products tab. Then select the arrow down>license, be sure that the monthly license is activated.

Thanks,
    RalphC

MacBook Pro 15 2018 Intel Core i7 2.6GHz Mac 10.13.6 Intel UHD 630. [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Mar 31 2021 4:26 PM In reply to

Hi Ralph, thanks for this I see the issue now

I have two machines that were running Avid on the same Avid license (only one machine ran Avid at one time).

Avid link says the License Status is activated on a machine that I have deactived the license on - if I try and deactivate by clicking on 'Deactivate' it comes up with the error message 'Failed Deactivation: 0 Deactivation OK. No record of this device was found'

The option to click on 'Use License' for the machine that I am trying to launch MC 2019.12.4 is greyed out

What can I do to resolve this? Your help is greatly appreciated

• Wed, Mar 31 2021 4:57 PM In reply to

Hi, this has been sorted now

I deleted the Licenses folder (in the program data folder) and also the contents of the common folder (in the program data folder) and the rebooted Avid Link.

I then inputted the System ID and Activation ID into Avid Link manually and it worked

Thanks

Michael

• Mon, May 17 2021 10:55 PM In reply to

• DudleyNYC
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Posts 2
    • Points 20

I'm having the exact same problem - when I try to launch it keeps sending me back to Avid Link to activate, and Avid Link tells me MC is activated, so I click the Open button -- and MC tells me to activate on Avid Link again.  It's a loop.

Earlier I couldn't even download because it wouldn't recognize my old System ID, but $40 got me a Support tech to fix that.  I've restarted and shutdown, of course.  And my previous computer is also shut down in case there was any confusion with my previous Perpetual license.

Any ideas?

• Tue, May 18 2021 7:22 AM In reply to

DudleyNYC:
    Any ideas?

You should create a case on the MyAvid support portal and someone will get to you asap. https://www.avid.com/US/support/support-contact  If you don't get anywhere with them, send an email to Raff Condalor (raff.condalor@avid.com).  He is Avid's customer advocate, and can help you. You can also contact him using the 'Contact' button on his post which is up this thread a bit.

Media Composer 2021.6 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Blackmagic UltraStudio Mini... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller