Latest post Sat, Jun 19 2021 4:25 PM by Bruno M. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, May 4 2021 10:01 PM

• Tim
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Aug 6 2011
    • Los Angeles
    • Posts 19
    • Points 245

Subclips will not load into Source monitor from script

If I add master clips or groups to a script, they will open in the source monitor when I double click on them, which is normal. However, if I use subclips they do not load in the Source monitor when double clicked.  Has it always been this way, or is this a bug? We are running MC version 2021.5.

Media Composer 2021.5 - Mac Pro (2019) 16-Core - NEXIS 2019.12 [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, May 5 2021 1:43 PM In reply to

Re: Subclips will not load into Source monitor from script

Tim:

If I add master clips or groups to a script, they will open in the source monitor when I double click on them, which is normal. However, if I use subclips they do not load in the Source monitor when double clicked.  Has it always been this way, or is this a bug? We are running MC version 2021.5.

Subclips are supposed to open in the source monitor when you double click on them. I don't know if there's a setting somewhere to enable this, or if that is even an option. It may be a bug though. Have you tried a new user profile? 

Ryzen/GTX H/W (I know) [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, May 5 2021 5:46 PM In reply to

• Tim
    • Not Ranked
    • Los Angeles
    • Posts 19
    • Points 245

Hi Philip,

I can confirm that this behavior is consistent across different user settings and CPUs. 

Media Composer 2021.5 - Mac Pro (2019) 16-Core - NEXIS 2019.12 [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, May 5 2021 7:51 PM In reply to

• slomei
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, May 5 2021
    • Posts 4
    • Points 50

Having the exact same issue here. also having an issue where it won't let me add script marks to anything.

• Fri, May 7 2021 6:02 PM In reply to

• Tim
    • Not Ranked
    • Los Angeles
    • Posts 19
    • Points 245

I did some testing and have confirmed that subclips open from scripts as expected in older versions of Media Composer (8.9.4 and 2018.3). This is definitely a bug.

• Fri, May 7 2021 6:31 PM In reply to

• slomei
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 4
    • Points 50

was waiting to get some free time with my tech guy, thank you for this, will show him right away!

• Mon, May 10 2021 9:37 AM In reply to

• Bruno M
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Feb 11 2010
    • London, UK
    • Posts 817
    • Points 10,410

Just to add to this conversation.

I have an old project (that I sometimes use for teaching) where I know that there's definitely sub-clipping in a script along with with some Scriptsynced sections.

Opened this on a Windows laptop running MC 2018.9.

The script shows lines of sub clips. I can double-click on these and they happily load in the source window. However, when I add a new sub clip to the script from the 'scenes' bin (even one that already exists elswhere in the script) I cannot load this into the source monitor. 

So it seems this bug(?) has existed for some time and is cross-platform. I'm amazed that this hasn't been picked up before now.

Has anyone created a case with Avid?

HP Z800, HP G3 Studio, SonnetFusion RAID, Mojo DX, Decklink 4K, Symphony 2020, JVC DTV1910 HD tube monitor, HP Dreamcolor, Avid Artist Color, Avid Transport... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, May 11 2021 8:26 PM In reply to

• Tim
    • Not Ranked
    • Los Angeles
    • Posts 19
    • Points 245

Hi Bruno,

I opened a case with customer support today. Fingers crossed this can be fixed quickly.

• Thu, May 20 2021 6:50 PM In reply to

• slomei
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 4
    • Points 50

Possibly tossing more kindling onto the fire: so today I realized the project we were working in wasn't set to film (should have checked this first but I assumed...).  Remade as a film project, scripting is working as intended now.  Subclips all load into the source monitor and play back fine.

• Fri, May 21 2021 9:17 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 11,557
    • Points 255,245
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Tim:

Hi Bruno,

I opened a case with customer support today. Fingers crossed this can be fixed quickly.

HI Tim....  

yes it will be fixed in 2021.6 - I cloned the case that Chrstino was working on and closed and this was logged as a bug MCCET-4148.  I responded back to the case just a bit ago with the info on it.  My apologies that we didnt jump on this quicker.

Have a good weekend and I alerted Scott as well.

Marianna

Director of CSM | Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Jun 19 2021 4:25 PM In reply to

• Bruno M
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Feb 11 2010
    • London, UK
    • Posts 817
    • Points 10,410

Just to let everyone know...

Marianna:
    yes it will be fixed in 2021.6

True to her word, 2021.6 is out and the readme mentions that this bug is fixed!

HP Z800, HP G3 Studio, SonnetFusion RAID, Mojo DX, Decklink 4K, Symphony 2020, JVC DTV1910 HD tube monitor, HP Dreamcolor, Avid Artist Color, Avid Transport... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller