Latest post Sat, Oct 1 2022 4:37 PM by Gil B.. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Oct 1 2022 3:56 PM

• Gil B.
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • NY
    • Posts 10
    • Points 105

User privileges insufficient to start a low level driver - during activation

I get this error message when trying to activate MC 7.0.4 on my new hard drive..."User privileges insufficient to start a low level driver". iLOK says I should contact Avid for help (updated permissions?).Since Avid no longer supports this legacy version they cannot help me.

I had to install a new system hard drive on my laptop but MC was working fine with my dongle on the old drive. What I have found out is that I need a version of 7.0.4 (or any 7.0.X) that was downloaded prior to 11/1/13. That is when Avid changed their anti-piracy system. Does anyone know if it's possible to get such a file?

Thanks for any input.

HP ZBook 15, i7-4700MQ CPU @ 2.40GHz, 16GB RAM, NVIDIA Quadro K1100M with 2MB, Windows 8.1 Pro [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Oct 1 2022 4:16 PM In reply to

Re: User privileges insufficient to start a low level driver - during activation

Gil B.:
    I need a version of 7.0.4 (or any 7.0.X)

You can get 7.0.6 and 7.0.7 from the Download Center:

https://my.avid.com/esd/Product/Information/7

Gil B.:
    I need a version of 7.0.4 (or any 7.0.X) that was downloaded prior to 11/1/13. That is when Avid changed their anti-piracy system. Does anyone know if it's possible to get such a file?

If some sort of date problem is hampering your efforts, send an email to Chris Bové (chris.bove@avid.com) and Raff Condalor (raff.condalor@avid.com).  They are Avid's customer advocates, and while I don't guarantee they'll be able to help you, they are the people to ask.

Media Composer 2022.10 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Blackmagic UltraStudio Mini... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Sat, Oct 1 2022 4:37 PM In reply to

• Gil B.
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • NY
    • Posts 10
    • Points 105

Re: User privileges insufficient to start a low level driver - during activation

Hi Carl,

Thanks for the contact info. I will reach out to them. The date issue definitely is the problem.

Best,

Gil

HP ZBook 15, i7-4700MQ CPU @ 2.40GHz, 16GB RAM, NVIDIA Quadro K1100M with 2MB, Windows 8.1 Pro [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller