Latest post Fri, Feb 26 2021 9:50 PM by Arthur Riddle. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Jan 6 2021 7:12 PM

• marluc
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • New York State
    • Posts 457
    • Points 5,665

Can't render whole sequence in one pass

I have a sequence that is  23:00 long.  I select the entire sequence and hit "render in-out." It works for over an hour but only the first 2 minutes or so are actually rendered.  I have to repeat this process many times, progressively chosing a new section until the whole sequence is rendered. I'm on an iMac with Catalina 10.15.7 running MC 2020.9. Any ideas?

marluc

DESKTOP: 27" iMac/3.5GHz Quad Core i7/ 32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, 8GB/1TBFlash Storage/NVIDIA GTX 780M 4GB, running OS X 10.15.6 and MC Ultimate version... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Jan 7 2021 9:04 AM In reply to

Re: Can't render whole sequence in one pass

Have you tried using In and Out markers and rendering In to Out to see if that helps?

Sounds like something is causing the render to struggle so could be duff media or a corrupt effect.

With I to O you can isolate and hone down.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  Avid Certified Instructor VET

QC/QAR Training - Understanding Digital Media - Advanced Files * Compression - Avid Ingest - PSE fixing courses and more

All bespoke and delivered onsite at yours. Or delivered via hosted Zoom session.

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet-training.co.uk | W www.vet-training.co.uk |

• Wed, Feb 24 2021 9:05 PM In reply to

• marluc
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • New York State
    • Posts 457
    • Points 5,665

Hi all,  I am revisiting this issue because it is happening again: I have a 23 minute sequence to render. It has  Neat Video sharpness effect applied, that's all. I have been using in and out markers and am rendering one small section at a time. However, it works away for well over an hour and manages to render oly 1:39 min.

Does anyone have experience with this issue or have a solution to it?  I have MC Ultimate 20.9 running on an iMac with Catalina 10.15.7.

Thanks in advance.

marluc

DESKTOP: 27" iMac/3.5GHz Quad Core i7/ 32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, 8GB/1TBFlash Storage/NVIDIA GTX 780M 4GB, running OS X 10.15.6 and MC Ultimate version... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Feb 26 2021 8:19 PM In reply to

• marluc
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • New York State
    • Posts 457
    • Points 5,665

Bump.  Someonw must know about this issue??

• Fri, Feb 26 2021 9:50 PM In reply to

I have had this happen to me with some AMA clips. I don't know the rhyme or reason for one clip behaving this way while the rest in my sequence are fine. If this is your case too, then you have the option to import, transcode or mixdown the clip giving you a problem. 

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller